Last updated: Aug 30, 2022
Welcome to the Hank Community! Hank was created to connect 55+ adults with things to do, and like-minded people to do them with. We want Hank to be a diverse, inclusive place where everyone feels safe, respected, and supported, and we’ve spent a great deal of time thinking about how to create that environment for all Hank members.
. We live and breathe by these principles, and we hope you will, too. Not using Hank within these guidelines may result in restrictions including deleted content and disabled accounts. We also consider these guidelines to be applicable across all parts of the Hank community, including in-person events, online behavior and content, and your communication with Hank support.
So, without further ado, here are our Golden Rules:
The Long Version:
As a social platform built to connect 55+ people and communities together through in-person interaction and online discourse, Hank tolerates and promotes behavior that is exclusively respectful, authentic, and empowering. We welcome you to express yourself freely and connect with other members often, as long as you follow these community guidelines: Treat other members with respect, kindness, and thoughtfulness.
Hank is an inclusive community that promotes self-expression and communication without the fear of disrespect or abuse. We do not tolerate any form of bullying, harassment, or hateful behavior whether on our virtual platform or in-person. Generally, treat other members the way you wish to be treated. Specifically, do not post content, use language, or engage in behavior that:
Insults, threatens, or incites violence against other members for any reason, including those related to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, caste, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, serious disease, disability, or immigration status
• Is pushy or aggressive
• Provokes or perpetuates conflict Show the ‘real you’ to the Hank community
Trust is the cornerstone of the Hank community. In order for you to feel confident in the authenticity and legitimacy of those they meet through the Hank platform, you are expected to represent your true self when communicating with other members. We also expect each member to only have one account. Do not post content, use language, or engage in behavior that:
• Involves spam, fake engagement, impersonation, catfishing, phishing, or harmful false informationCommunicate to connect with others
The Hank platform should be used to find things to do in your community and like-minded people to do them with. Do not:
• Advertise or promote a service, business, organization, or good
• Promote multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes
• Offer or request legal advice
• Offer or request financial advice
Abide by the law
Hank expects members to conduct themselves in a way that follows laws and regulations. We take violations seriously, and will report illegal behavior to relevant legal authorities. Do not post content, use language, or engage in behavior that:
• Involves or promotes acts of physical harm, human exploitation, or vandalism
• Involves frauds or scams, such as attempting to get members’ personal or financial information for illegal activity
• Threatens hacking or blackmail
• Risks sharing your personal data or personally identifiable information with other members, such as your home address or social security number
Post appropriate content
We want Hank to be a community for all members to enjoy. While we welcome creative expression and individuality, we do not allow content—which includes, but isn’t limited to, images, video, graphics, or text—that is excessively shocking, graphic, or violent. Do not post content that depicts:
• Nudity or sexual content
• Violent or graphic deaths, injuries, fighting, or torture
• Firearms, ammunition, or explosive weaponsIllegal drugs
• Child exploitation or sexualization
• Animal cruelty
Appropriate content also means content that you have the right to share: when you do post content on the Hank platform, make sure you either own the content or have explicit permission from the owner to share it. Do not post content that violates or infringes someone else’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights. In this case, content also includes information about other Hank members that you may have gathered via conversation or other interactions—again, if it’s not your content, it’s not your content to share.
Practice safety online and in-person
We are all about close connections at Hank, but making them with appropriate boundaries and respect for privacy. When interacting with other Hank members both online and in-person:
• Do not share personal information with other members on the Hank platform. This includes personal phone numbers, home or work addresses, social security numbers, passports, passwords, financial information, email addresses, and full names.
• Do not request other members to share personal information on the Hank platform. This includes personal phone numbers, home or work addresses, social security numbers, passports, passwords, financial information, email addresses, and full names.
• Organize your events in public places, not in private residences
Reporting Community Violations
In order to make Hank a welcoming and safe place for all of its members, we take community violations very seriously. We will investigate every reported violation for severity to determine if it constitutes a warning, a temporary suspension, or a permanent ban from our platform. Hank administrators are responsible for determining these consequences, but we rely on all of our members to reach out to us if they see prohibited or inappropriate behavior both on the platform and in-person. We have a zero tolerance policy for violence, hate speech, discrimination, and illegal activity both online and in-person. If posted online, this content will be removed from our platform by Hank administrators. Hank members who exhibit these behaviors will be permanently banned from the platform without a warning or temporary suspension. You will be notified of your ban. When warranted, we will reach out to the appropriate legal authorities.
Examples of prohibited behavior
that warrants a permanent ban include, but are not limited to:
• Threatening or causing physical harm to another member
• Using hateful language toward another member, which could be because of their race, ethnicity, gender identity, disability, etc.
• Asking a member for their financial information (this is always prohibited on the Hank platform and at Hank-associated gatherings and we will assume intent of fraud or scamming)
• Creating and using a fake account that does not depict your true identity
With the exception of prohibited behaviors, we understand that mistakes happen, and we want to give you chances to change your conduct if you do violate a community guideline. Hank members that exhibit inappropriate behavior
will be notified directly by the Hank team. Inappropriate behavior will be dealt with at the discretion of a Hank administrator and may result in consequences including warnings, suspension, content deletion, and / or permanent account deletion. If you feel you have received a warning in error, you can reach out to us at email@example.com
or (855) 429-5369.
Examples of inappropriate behavior
that warrants a warning include, but are not limited to:Using domineering, suggestive, or sexual language toward another memberAsking a member for personal information, like their home address or financial informationPosting photos of guns or explosive weaponsPosting a photo from the internet that you do not own and you did not get permission to share
We will do our best to monitor content on the Hank platform and take necessary action when violations of our community guidelines occur. However, if you come across content on the platform or behavior in-person that violate the above guidelines, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling (855) 429-5369. We will always maintain your confidentiality if you do report another member’s behavior.